Interview and photos of a sparkling Vatelien who loves to travel.
THREE HASHTAGS THAT DESCRIBE YOU: #loyal #a keen eye #coolitude
BEST MEMORIES OF YOUR THEORETICAL COURSES AT VATEL
My marketing course and my group projects courses both taught me a lot. I use what I learned there every day when I have to train my team members and walk them through their learning path in the hotel.
BEST MEMORIES OF YOUR PRACTICAL COURSES AT VATEL
The weeks I spent in the kitchens at the Vatel Hotel’s Restaurant and Brasserie. This could seem crazy to you, but having to get up early to peel vegetables or scale fish taught me to stretch my own limits.
YOUR BEST INTERNSHIP MEMORY:
Loads of them! But I’d have to say when I first came to the US in 2015 for a six-month internship. I landed in New York and had to go to Rhode Island. I used all of the mental strength that Vatel and my professional experience had given me. I was able to communicate in English and find someone to help me with my seven suitcases to go to Newport. I learned to trust myself and my skills.
YOUR JOB IN A FEW WORDS
I’m in charge of guest satisfaction and also the hotel’s development strategy. My guests are my number one priority.
YOUR 2 MAIN HANDS-ON MISSIONS:
- Training new staff members and monitoring them
- Greeting guests, taking care of them, and guest relationships
YOUR 2 MAIN MISSIONS IN THE OFFICE:
- Responding to emails
- Recruiting future employees
3 SUBJECTS TAUGHT AT VATEL THAT YOU USE EVERY DAY:
- Marketing for the tools
- E-business to manage online reservations and the client portfolio
- Wine vintages to speak with clients who love to talk about French table arts
THE PART OF THE HOTEL YOU PREFER:
The 41 Newport is a boutique hotel with 28 rooms including two cottages and two lofts outside of the hotel itself. The hotel also has a marina with a bar and a restaurant outside, and that’s what I like the best. When night falls, the marina turns into a night club, attracting the huge yachts that the billionaires in Rhode Island have.
THREE THINGS YOU CAN’T MISS WHEN YOU’RE STAYING IN NEWPORT:
- The long beaches and surfers, the Narragansett Bay and its yachts in summer
- The huge villas on Ocean Drive all snowed in in winter
- Being only 3 hours from New York and 1 hour from Boston, the lobster capital.
THREE VATELIENS WHO IMPACTED YOU AND WITH WHOM YOU’RE STILL IN TOUCH:
- Thomas Leuci, the Client Experience Manager at Squarebreak in Paris, the largest hotel operator in France
- Marioline Besse Risse, the Front Desk Manager at the Mont Blanc 4* Hotel in Megeve, part of the Maisons et Hotels Sibuet group
- Aureline Bazon, the Sales and Events Coordinator at the Hyatt Regency London the Churchill hotel in England.