“As soon as I arrived in Asia, I met with the Vatel Ho Chi Mihn internship department director to tell him that I wanted to do my internship in another Vietnamese city.
I wanted to go into the center of the country, as it’s really different from the south, where the campus is located and the north, which I had already planned to visit.
Mr. Ha spoke to me about the Danang InterContinental, a magnificent resort in the middle of the country, in the Sun Tra Peninsula mountain range.
So here’s what I did on a daily basis:
- 6:00 - I went to the restaurant for the breakfast service
- 11:00 - A meeting with the hotel’s executives to talk about problems we had during the day and points to be improved
- 12:00 - I supervised the lunch service
- 3:00 - I worked in the F&B department’s offices in analysis and recommendations
The subjects my manager asked me to look into and research:
- redoing the wine list,
- studying and ordering new uniforms for those working in the restaurant,
- analyzing and updating the order taking software.
Whether it was this internship or the months I spent at Vatel Ho Chi Minh City, I can assure you that this experience really changed my life.
Today I’m much more thoughtful and able to step back for an overall look when decision-making.
I’m also much more open to others and more optimistic when things aren’t going smoothly. I made more friends and professional contacts in just a year than in my whole life before.